자유게시판

마이홈
쪽지
맞팔친구
팔로워
팔로잉
스크랩
DOWN

Where Are You Going To Find Audi G28 Be 1 Year From In The Near Future…

본문

How to Replace an Audi G28 Engine Speed Sensor

In this video Charles the Humble Mechanic shows how to replace the G28 engine speed sensor. The sensor is located on the outside of the transmission, above the flywheel gear. It sends a message to the ECU via a grey wire T55/49, then to the tachometer on the instrument cluster.

1. Engine Speed Sensor

The grey wire is located on the edge of transmission, just above the flywheel ring. This sensor sends signals through the grey wire to pin T55/49. The ECU utilizes this information to regulate fuel and boost. It also sends an alert to the G5 Tachometer within the instrument cluster.

The sensor is used to correlate with the G40 Camshaft position Sensor. The ecu must be aware when the crankshaft is TDC and the location of the camshaft so it can trigger spark and injectors according to the situation.

If this sensor fails the ECU will display an error code P00160 which indicates that the Crank Shaft and Intake Camshaft are not in sync and could indicate chain stretch or a jumped link on the upper chain of timing. The code will not appear without the additional information provided by other sensors (G4 or G40).

It's a bit tricky to test as there are several pins on the connector and each one has different functions. The best method for doing this is to measure the resistance between the ECU and the sensor. If the sensor is operational, it should be reading about 1000 ohms. If you are having problems with this component, look for evidence of oil or coolant in the connector bay.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, when i was accelerating to the fullest speed from highway paytoll, I experienced an abrupt drop in power like the engine is out of gas or the injectors are not firing at all. In the morning, i removed the spark plugs, 3 were drenched with gazoline the fourth was dry. I put a piece of tissue over each injector hole and when I turn the engine on without sparks, the 3 with gazoline jump right out. The fourth one remains closed. I tested the ground connection of ECU pins 14,30, and 48/55. I found zero ohm. Therefore, i think the issue is somewhere else.

I also tried to reset the PID without success. The car will start when the G28 is unplugged, and it is running fine with the G28 plugged in. However, the intermittent misfire problem still occurs at higher RPM. The coolant sensor (G62) even when it is unplugged, shows a temperature of -49c. I also noticed that the oil pressure gauge in the cockpit shows 2 bar, whereas the actual pressure is 0.0 when I crank up the engine.

I don't know what to do. I believe that I've ruled everything else out. I'm worried that i might have missed something. If anyone has any ideas please share them! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump on the g28 is activated by a signal from the RPM sensor. The GM-style transmitter is identical to the G4 sender and both work on the 80,100,200, UrS, and RS2 vehicles. It is easy to find a spare in a wrecking shop or parts store. Testing them is easy by putting your DMM in resistance mode and measure the resistance between pins 1 (with the bump on the connector's end up) and 2 (2nd from left on the black connector's end). They must be infinite Ohms.

4. ECU

Our 20vt turbo (3B AAN, ABY, and ADU) engines are equipped with an ECU that has to be aware of the speed and position of the crankshaft in order to make decisions regarding timing of the fuel injectors, etc. To accomplish this, it uses a Crank Position Sensor (G4) and an Engine Speed Sensor (G28). If either of these sensors go wrong, you will receive codes on the diagnostic scanner that can lead to engine shutdown.

The signs of a failing G28 sensor include an inaccurate gearbox rev counter and gears that shift faster than normal and/or a misfire when in gear. If you have any of these issues it is likely your sensor is failing and requires replacement key for audi audi key cost, visit these guys,. They're inexpensive and easy to locate, especially in the case of a Bosch unit like ours. Alternately, GM's version this part would be a good option.

5. Tachometer

A failing engine speed sensor could be the cause of a slew of issues in your vehicle. It's an essential component of the transmission in your audi tt key case since it sends information to the ECU on how fast or slowly the car's engine is turning. If the sensor fails, it can disrupt the performance of the transmission and the other car's components.

young-couple-holding-the-keys-of-a-new-car-select-2023-04-03-23-35-08-utc-scaled.jpgThe G5 engine sensor is located at the edge of the transmission, just above the flywheel ring. It transmits signals via gray wire to ECU pin T55/49. The ECU uses this signal to control the flow of fuel and boost and also to timigrate. It also sends it to the G5 Tachometer in instrument cluster. You can determine if the sensor is in failure by examining the continuity from the sensor to the tachometer. You can also check continuity between pin T55/49 of the ECU and pin T6a/1 of the instrument cluster (trace [79trace [79]) and between pin T6a/1 and pin T26a/12. You should see an average resistance of 1000 ohms between these two points. This is a common component across the audi key replacement near me 80, 100, 200, UrS and RS2 range from 1985 MC through the 1997 UrS AAN and 1995 RS2 ADU so good parts could be found in wrecking yards.
0 0
로그인 후 추천 또는 비추천하실 수 있습니다.

댓글목록0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

댓글쓰기

적용하기
자동등록방지 숫자를 순서대로 입력하세요.
게시판 전체검색